Registration for Fall Semester EMT Program is now closed.
SCCAD’s Training Academy offers two EMT programs each year beginning in January and August. The program meets each week on Tuesday & Thursday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and runs approximately five months. Some Saturday classes also may be necessary.
AHA Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
- Missouri Family Care Safety Registration
- Current TB test (within last 12 months)
- Hepatitis B and MMR vaccination
- Tetanus/diphtheria Acellular-Pertussis (DTaP) vaccination
- Varicella vaccination or positive titers
- Current season’s influenza vaccination
- Copy of current health insurance card (requirement for some clinical sites)
- EMT Entrance Assessment at Orientation
- Proof of 18 years of age or older
- Copy of high school diploma, GED or college transcript
- Submit a course application by program deadline
EMT skills include evaluating the severity of a patient’s injury or illness, establishing an airway, bleeding control, bandaging wounds, splinting broken bones, electrical defibrillation, pre-hospital childbirth, vehicle rescue and ambulance operations. In addition to the classroom, students are required to spend a total of 28-32 hours in a clinical setting observing in hospital and ambulance settings. Currently, the field clinical site is SCCAD and hospital clinicals are completed at an Emergency Department within St. Charles County.
Successful completion of this course will prepare the student for the National Registry of EMTs exam. Missouri requires the student to successfully complete a stat-approved practical exam and the NREMT written exam to be eligible for licensure.
To learn more about the EMT Program or schedule an appointment to discuss EMT Training, contact our Training Assistant at 636.344.7660. If you provide us with your contact information, we will update you with relevant information about our program.
Book Fee: $235 (approximate)
ANSI II Vest: $25 (refundable upon return of vest)
Students responsible for providing their own stethoscope and Wi-Fi capable tablet or laptop.
Prices subject to change