Registration for Fall 2021 EMT Course is now closed.
SCCAD’s Training Academy offers two EMT programs each year beginning in January and August. The program meets each week on Tuesday & Thursday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and runs approximately five months. Some Saturday classes also may be necessary.
- Missouri Family Care Safety Registration
- Current TB test (within last 12 months)
- Hepatitis B and MMR vaccination
- Tetanus/diphtheria Acellular-Pertussis (DTaP) vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccine is required
- Varicella vaccination or positive titers
- Current season’s influenza vaccination
- Copy of current health insurance card (requirement for some clinical sites)
- EMT Entrance Assessment – $28 non-refundable fee (if applicable)
- Proof of 18 years of age or older (copy of driver’s license)
- Copy of high school diploma, GED or college transcript
- Submit a course application by program deadline
*NOTE: AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR will be taught as part of the course curriculum during the first week of class.
EMT skills include evaluating the severity of a patient’s injury or illness, establishing an airway, bleeding control, bandaging wounds, splinting broken bones, electrical defibrillation, pre-hospital childbirth, vehicle rescue and ambulance operations. In addition to the classroom, students are required to spend a total of 28-32 hours in a clinical setting observing in hospital and ambulance settings. Currently, the field clinical site is SCCAD and hospital clinicals are completed at an Emergency Department within St. Charles County.
Successful completion of this course will prepare the student for the National Registry of EMTs exam. Missouri requires the student to successfully complete a stat-approved practical exam and the NREMT written exam to be eligible for licensure.
To learn more about the EMT Program or schedule an appointment to discuss EMT Training, contact our Training Assistant at 636.344.7660. If you provide us with your contact information, we will update you with relevant information about our program.
Book Fee: $340 (approximate)
ANSI II Vest: $25 (refundable upon return of vest)
Students responsible for providing their own stethoscope and Wi-Fi capable tablet or laptop.
Prices subject to change
EMT Course Admission
Admission will be based on prior education, a pre-admission interview and admission assessment test. You will be required to take an EMT Entrance Assessment and have an interview. Dates and times will be sent upon receipt of your registration from. Please allow approximately two – three hours for the EMT Entrance Assessment test. There will be a NON-REFUNDABLE FEE of $28 for this Assessment Test. A Wi-Fi capable tablet or laptop will be required for the Assessment test.